It’s really been a cookie frenzy around here hasn’t it? But that’s how I roll. I get into something and I sort of get a one track mind. Today’s cookies are Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies. My kids will eat these. And my kids DO NOT like oatmeal.
I say that a lot, that my kids don’t like things. Good grief they are too picky for their own good and I am too much of a pushover to fight it have the time.
ANYway. First let me say that oatmeal cookies are one of my favorite cookies, but the crazy person who decided one day to put RAISINS in a cookie really has a serious problem.
REALLY? RAISINS IN A COOKIE?!?!
Practically any flavor of baking chip is fine, fruit it fine, LOTS of things added to oatmeal cookies are fine. NOT RAISINS.
Ok anyway. Let’s get on with the good cookies I made just to share with you.
Pin for Later!
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups chopped apples 2-4 granny smith apples
- 2 cups cinnamon chips
- 1 1/2-2 cups oatmeal
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, slice, & dice apples, toss with 1 cup granulated sugar & 1 tbsp cinnamon.
- Cook apples on stovetop at medium heat until they are tender.
- In a medium bowl, sift flours, salt, & baking soda.
- Use an electric mixer to beat in the sugars, eggs, & vanilla.
- Add cinnamon chips, apples, & oatmeal.
- Place heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just starting to turn brown.
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, remove the cookies and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk or iced coffee and ENJOY!