These apple pie ginger cookies are soft & chewy with just the right amount of spice. Plus they make your house smell like heaven!
Hello there! Today I get to share with you these Apple Pie Ginger Cookies that I sent to three lovely bloggers. I participated in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year and I am SO GLAD I did. Not only did I get to play around in the kitchen, but I also got to share my creation with 3 fellow food bloggers. It was a little bit intimidating but so fun and nice to step out of my comfort zone a bit.
I also received cookies from 3 food bloggers and oh my word were they all so delicious!! I couldn’t stop eating them!!
I tossed a few cookie ideas around and asked Mr. Right for his opinion and we went with Apple Pie Ginger Cookies. They were a huge hit with Mr. Right and the kiddos, and I even brought some extras to my parent’s house for the holidays and my dad wouldn’t stay out of them.
These cookies are thinner, even though I used bread flour and they were SO GOOD.
First, you need to peel, slice, & finely dice a few granny smith apples.
Cook the apples with the sugar and cinnamon just until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Sift together the flour, soda, ginger, and salt.
Beat in sugars, eggs, and softened butter.
Add apples to the dough, mix well.
Drop cookies by heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
What is your favorite apple dessert? Tell me in the comments below ↓.
- 2 cups all purpose or bread flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks salted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 granny smith apples peeled, sliced, & diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Toss the apples with 1/2 cup sugar & 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon, cook on the stove top until tender (about 5 minutes), set aside for now.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, & 2 tbsp ground cinnamon.
- Beat in butter, 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, & egg.
- Slightly drain the diced apples, (you don't want too much liquid in the dough), fold into cookie dough.
- Drop 1 inch circles of dough onto cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 8 minutes, cool for 1 minute before moving to cooling rack.
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.