I love mushrooms. And I especially love them on or in burgers. There are a couple resturants that all I ever get is the Swiss & Mushroom burger. Mmmmm good! So, when this recipe popped up on our eMeals plan I was HaPpY!
Mushroom Patty Melts are my favorite kind of burger to order when eating out at a burger place.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 8 oz package baby bella mushrooms finely chopped
- 3 tbsps panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 slices wheat bread toasted
- 1/3 cup pickle relish
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Set oven to broiler setting. Combine beef, mushrooms, panko, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic in large bowl.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties and place onto a broiler pan. Broil patties 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired degree of doneness.
- Place patties on toasted bread slices; top with relish and Swiss cheese.
- Return to the broiler until cheese is melted.