Cajun chicken succotash is reminiscent of good ole southern cooking.
This dish is simple to make, one takes one dish, and is so full of flavor you’ll barely be able to handle it.
Ok, I might be exaggerating a bit, you’ll be able to handle it, but it is really FULL of flavor. So delicious!
This recipe was inspired by a dish I had at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Mo. If you don’t know what that is, it’s a theme park with rides and all kinds of great food. The style is old west/pioneer. All the workers are dressed in hats and susenders for the guys and long dresses for the women. It’s very Little House on the Prairie and so charming. They also host the largest, faster, spinniest roller coaster to date. It was intense when we went last year.
So, anyway, they have good, ole southern home cookin’ at Silver Dollar City. Homemade fudge, spiralized fried potatoes, and this amazing chicken and pork succotash. My recipe isn’t exactly the same but it is similar and super delicious.
If you like this recipe you might also like Cajun Chicken, Sausage & Rice Stew.
How to make this succotash with chicken
Cajun Chicken Succotash takes cubed chicken, zucchini, yellow squash, okra, and diced tomatoes and turns it into a flavorful delicious one-dish meal.
Cube your chicken, cook it for 3-5 minutes in hot olive oil, then add chopped zucchini and squash, and frozen okra.
Once the chicken is browned and the vegetables are starting to soften, add in one can of diced tomatoes.
Once everything is heated through, remove from heat and serve immediately! Enjoy!
If you like this recipe maybe your friends would like it as well! Please consider sharing using the share buttons below or to the left.
Cajun Chicken SuccotashPrint Pin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, trimmed and cubed
- 1 small-medium zucchini, washed and sliced
- 1 small-medium yellow squash, washed and sliced
- 2 cups frozen chopped okra
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- Heat olive oil in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cubed chicken. Cook for 3-5 minutes turning so all sides get cooked.
- Add zucchini and squash. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until all vegetables are starting to soften.
- Add frozen okra, cook until vegetables are cooked through.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, heat through.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Since different foods are different sizes, nutritional facts are approximate and may not be exact but they are as close to accurate as I can calculate.
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.