Hey there! I’m back with another recipe for you! This time it’s a meatless one dish skillet dinner –
Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet Dish.
I made this the other afternoon right before Mr. Right got home from work so when he stepped in the house I had him try it out.
I made it as a skillet one dish dinner and had staged the photos with chips and salsa, well when Mr. Right saw that he thought it was a dip….so he tried it with tortilla chips and said it was really good. I also tried it with and without chips and this will be a recipe that is repeated. If I change up a couple ingredients my kids would probably even like it too.
Anyway, the recipe is super easy, great for those busy school nights.
Cast of characters (sorry no photo the lighting was terrible that day):
- White rice cooked
- Olive oil
- Green Peppers
- Black Beans
- Enchilada Sauce
- Chili Powder
- Shredded Cheese (I used Mexican blend)
Pin for Later!
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic the kind you store in the fridge and find in the produce area
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 green onions diced
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup or so shredded cheese
- Heat olive oil, cook onions until translucent.
- Stir in rice, corn, beans, green onions, enchilada sauce, and seasonings.
- Heat through.
- Top with cheese, serve immediately.