I have a SECRET recipe for you today.
Well, since I’m putting it on the world wide web I guess it will be secret no more.
But I did get permission from my Aunt Vonda who makes this amazing homemade potato salad to post the recipe here. We had quite the hilarious conversation about it but that is between me and her only. ahem.
I have never ever been a fan of potato salad. Until I had this recipe I had only had store bought potato salad and that left a lot to be desired. This recipe though, is amazing and I will eat. it. up. if it’s available.
My mother made the potato salad the other day for a get together at her house. This recipe makes a large batch so I knew there would be enough for me to take some home for my midnight mom only snacks.
IF MY HUSBAND HADN’T EATEN IT ALL HIMSELF.
I brought home a nice tub crammed full of potato salad and MY HUSBAND ATE IT ALL in one setting while I was gone one day.
I was so disappointed I thought I might cry. I texted my mom and she didn’t have much sympathy for me.
Pin for Later!
Anyway, this Homemade Potato Salad is so good. So so good.
- 1 5 lb bag of potatoes peel, cubed, and boiled until tender
- 6-8 eggs hard boiled
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tsp celery seed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sweet relish
- 1-2 large dill pickles roughly chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup give or take a little mayonnaise
- Mash the potatoes, not until they are smooth like mashed potatoes but enough that there isn't large chunks of potatoes.
- Chop boiled eggs, mix into mashed potatoes.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Serve & enjoy!