Happy day after labor day, the unofficial first day of Fall!
Since Fall is my most favorite season of all, September 1st marks the first day of Fall in my book. And so I made this super easy, super yummy Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake. You’re welcome.
I loved this cake warm, I barely waited for it to cool down enough that it didn’t burn my mouth. Mr. Right though prefers it cold and firm, more like pumpkin pie. Vanilla ice cream on top while it’s warm would be DIVINE!
This recipe was inspired by the recipe featured on Little Miss Celebration. I changed and tweaked a few things for our family’s tastes.
Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup halved pecans I use halves instead of chopped so my kids can pick them out easier
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Combine pumpkin, milks, eggs, sugars, salt, and spices. Mix well.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over the top of the pumpkin batter.
- Place pecans over the cake mix.
- Pour melted butter over all.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.