I LOVE roasted vegetables. I haven’t roasted any variety yet that I haven’t absolutely drooled over. I’m not sure what it is about them exactly, maybe because it’s just different than steamed or boiled.
For this recipe I used bell peppers, penne, and jarred Alfredo sauce because that’s what I had in my pantry/frig. Super quick to throw together and my husband keeps asking for more of it.
All you need is 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 onion, a box of penne (or your favorite pasta shell) and 1 regular sized jar of Alfredo sauce. Mine was four cheese. YUM!
Adding chicken or even smoked sausage to this would make it even better and manlier. My husband doesn’t usually like pasta (or any entree) with no meat. Huh. go figure, sounds like lots of men I know!
How delicious does this stuff look?!
Pin for Later!
- 1 16 oz box penne or your favorite pasta shell
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 onion
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Cook the penne according to package directions.
- Slice the peppers and the onions, spread out evenly on a baking sheet, drizzle generously with olive oil & sprinkled with salt & pepper.
- Roast at 400 for about 15 minutes.
- Drain penne and set aside.
- After the vegetables have roasted, mix together penne, vegetables, & alfredo sauce. Pour into 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!