Good morning! Today I have another simple and easy Valentine’s Day treat. My mother-in-law made popcorn balls for Christmas and I’m not going to tell you how many I ate. I decided they’d make a great treat to share on the blog!
Just like the Valentine’s Day Oreo Pops you can easily change these to match any celebration or holiday.
Valentine’s Day Popcorn Balls
You make these pretty much exactly like you make rice krispies treats.
Except you use popcorn. And you form them into balls.
But other than that, yep! pretty much the same!
You need… 2 bags salted popcorn. I used Simply Salted by Orville Redenbacher.
1 bag of marshmallows…
6 tbsp butter or margarine…
Melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave. Alternatively, you can melt the marshmallows and butter in a saucepan on the stove.
Add the popcorn to the melted marshmallows and mix.
Add 4-6 drops pink food coloring.
Form into balls. You will want gloves or sandwich baggies to protect your hands. This part is VERY messy. You need to press the balls firmly.
- 2 bags simply salted popcorn
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- Pink food coloring
- Pop the popcorn according the package directions, set aside.
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave or on the stovetop, which ever you prefer.
- Add the popcorn to the melted marshmallows, mix well.
- Add 4-6 drops of pink food coloring, mix.
- Form into balls, pressing firmly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pin for later!
Sharing and pinning is SO appreciated!