No need to stop for take-out when you can make this delicious Honey Soy Chicken & Broccoli Lo Mein at home!
I love Asian inspired foods so much. I will admit to having a limited knowledge of Asian dishes but what I have had, I love.
There aren’t many really good asian restaurants close to where we live so recreating some of our favorites like P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef, or creating new to use recipes inspired by our favorites lets us enjoy the Asian flavors we love without having to stop for takeout!
If you like the recipes I post here, and don’t want to miss any, be sure to subscribe by clicking here —>http://eepurl.com/c-WSgv
How to make Honey Soy Chicken & Broccoli Lo Mein
Cube 2 chicken breast, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook in olive oil in nonstick skillet for 5 minutes or until chicken is beginning to brown but not cooked through yet.
Add chopped broccoli and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes. In the meantime, cook lo mein noodles according to package directions. Mix together the honey soy sauce (this is shown in the video).
Once the chicken is cooked through and the chicken is tender but not mushy, remove from heat.
Serve chicken and broccoli over lo mein noodles.
Do you like to make “takeout” at home? What is your favorite recipe to make at home?
Honey Soy Chicken and Broccoli Lo MeinPrint Pin
Chicken and broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb broccoli cut into florets
Honey Soy Sauce (for the chicken and broccoli)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground ginger
Sesame oil sauce (for the noodles)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
Chicken & Broccoli
- Cube chicken, sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- If using FRESH broccoli, add chicken to skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is starting to brown, then add the broccoli and continue cooking.
- If using FROZEN broccoli, add to skillet when you add the chicken and cook until chicken is browned and the broccoli is tender but not mushy.
- Cook Lo Mein according to package directions.
Honey Soy Sauce for the Chicken
- In a small bowl mix together honey, broth, soy sauce, and ground ginger. Add to the chicken and broccoli.
- Return to heat until the sauce is thickened.
Sesame Oil Soy Sauce for the Noodles
- Mix together sesame oil, white wine vinegar, and soy sauce. Pour over prepared lo mein noodles.
- Transfer lo mein noodles to a serving dish, top with chicken and broccoli.
- Serve immediately!
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.
Other Asian inspired recipes you might like: