Good morning & happy Monday! If you are looking for a quick & easy but oh so delicious dish for dinner tonight this recipe is just for you.
I made this Chicken Pesto Linguine last week and my husband devoured it. I had a bit saved back for my mother-in-law to try and I had to keep him out of it! I didn’t even bother with getting my kids to try this recipe because they have tried several different pastas and they are not fans ever unless it’s boxed mac and cheese. Crazy kids.
This recipe has been adapted from a recipe I got in my weekly e-meals subscription (that is an affiliate link). The original recipe calls for 1.5 lbs chicken, I liked the noodle/chicken ratio with a bit more chicken so in the future I’ll be making this dish with 2-2.5 lbs of chicken.
Cast of Characters:
- Chicken Breast
- Salt, Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Grape Tomatoes
- Basil Pesto
- Red Pepper Flakes
Pin for Later!
- 1 16 oz box linguine
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 10 oz jar basil pesto
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, sprinkle with salt pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in skillet, add chicken, saute for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from skillet, add remaining oil and tomatoes, cook 6-8 minutes or until tomatoes start to burst.
- Return chicken to skillet, stir in pesto and red pepper flakes, cook until heated thoroughly.
- Toss chicken and linguine.
- Serve with crusty bread & olive oil.