Oatmeal Cookies with Cinnamon Chips
Cookies are my love language.
Well, actually so is Nutella.
and iced coffee.
Apparently, my love language is food.
I’ve been looking for and creating a basic cookie recipe. I wanted something that I could add different things to without creating a whole new base each time.
If you like this cookie recipe you might also like this one for Butterscotch Chip and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
So I’ve been researching and trying things out. I’ve read about different flours and what they are designed for and why. I’ve read up on different types of sugars and why certain ones are best for certain things.
I like my cookies to be thick and chewy. Always chewy. I can handle a thinner cookie as long as it is chewy. I do not like crunchy cookies.
For these cookies, I used the basic cookie recipe that I created and I added cinnamon chips and oatmeal. YUM! These cookies only lasted the day and everyone scarfed them so I’d say they were a hit.
If you like this recipe you might want to sign up here —> https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/w9m3x9so that you don’t miss any new recipes!
Have you ever had cinnamon baking chips? I hadn’t before I made these cookies. Let me know what you think in the comments below ↓.
Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour feel free to use regular all purpose flour if needed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cinnamon chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, sift flours, salt, & baking soda.
- Use an electric mixer to beat in the sugars, eggs, & vanilla.
- Add cinnamon chips.
- Place heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just starting to turn brown.
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, remove the cookies and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk or iced coffee and ENJOY!
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.
Other cookie recipes you might like: