MMMM. Another delicious recipe for ya today!
I was nice and left the last piece of this delicious cake for my husband…who thought it was quite delicious himself….and he left it sitting there for 2 days!!! I KNOW he was waiting to see if I would go ahead and eat it myself! (If he lets delicious goodies sit there for very long at all, I will eat them for him. I have no discipline when it comes to treats.)
After making the Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake last year I decided to make an apple version this year. I seriously LOVE this time of year and all the typical fall flavors. Pumpkin & apple are the best flavors.
What this recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Just the right amount of tart apple and sweet caramel
How to make Apple Dump Cake with Caramel Sauce
First, you need to peel and slice up your apples, then fry them a bit with some cinnamon and sugar.
Next, you will spread your cooked apples in a baking pan, then add the dry cake mix, then pour-over delicious melted butter mixed with heavy cream.
After the apple dump cake bakes, drizzle caramel sauce over the top, then serve and enjoy!
What do you think of this cake recipe? Would you try it? Let me know in the comments below ↓.
If you really like it sharing helps me to continue to create great free content! (There is share buttons on the left or bottom of the post, thank you!)
- 1 box butter cake mix (butter pecan or vanilla would work too)
- 4 medium granny smith apples peeled, sliced, tossed with 1 cup sugar & 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup cream
- 6-8 oz unwrapped caramel bits I used Kraft (not sponsored)
- Cook apples in skillet on medium heat, when tender, place in the bottom of a 13×9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top of the apples.
- Pour melted butter over the cake mix.
- Then mix then milk and cream & also pour over the dry cake mix.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Melt caramel bits in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Pour melted caramel over the top of the cake.
- Serve & enjoy!
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!