Chicken Enchilada stack is a one dish dinner and kid-friendly, quick and easy to throw together!
Today I have a yummy, kid-friendly, one-dish dinner for you, Chicken Enchilada Stack. I know this week most of us are probably thinking ahead to Christmas dinner but for those busy nights leading up to it this meal is perfect. The longest part is popping it in the oven.
Chicken enchiladas are a favorite of mine but I don’t make them all that often. I’d much rather enjoy them in a restaurant.
This is a nice twist on enchiladas and all the ingredients are kid friendly so it’s a hit all around.
Here is what you need:
Chop the chicken breast, and sprinkle with onion powder, then cook on medium heat. You can also use diced onions but my little dude hates onions so much he gets sick so I just use onion powder a lot to have the flavor. Next add the taco seasoning and a little water.
Now you’re ready to assemble. First, put on tortilla on a baking sheet… layer chicken and shredded cheese… then another tortilla…spread refried beans on top of the tortilla…add some black beans…a little bit of frozen corn…drizzle some salsa con queso…add some more shredded cheese…
repeat both layers again…top with the last tortilla, some salsa con queso and the rest of the shredded cheese….
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes…or until the cheese is melting and the edges are browning.
Then slice it into wedges and serve. Sour cream or salsa make great additions.
Do you like Mexican food? Authentic or Tex-Mex? Tell me in the comments below ↓.
Chicken Enchilada stack is a one-dish dinner that's kid friendly and quick and easy to throw together!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 chicken breast chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder or 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 5 flour tortillas taco or burrito size
- 1 8 oz package shredded cheese
- 1 15 oz can refried beans
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 package frozen corn
- Salsa con queso
- Heat oil in skillet, cook chopped chicken with onion over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. cook for 5 or some minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place one tortilla on a baking sheet.
- Layer with chicken and shredded cheese, top with another tortilla.
- Spread half the refried beans over the tortilla, add half the black beans and half the corn, drizzle with salsa on queso & more shredded cheese.
- Top with another tortilla and repeat layers ending with tortilla, a small amount of salsa con queso and the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melting and the edges are browning.
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.