Spinach, Sausage, & Egg Scramble
Spinach, Sausage, & Egg Scramble makes the best, healthy meal prep breakfast for rushed mornings. Take just a few minutes to make and keeps in the frig all week for easy reheating!
I’ve recently been making sure to feed my family a healthy breakfast most mornings each week. I like to make sure to include some protein and healthy greens to get everyone’s brains moving without them facing a sugar crash within just a couple of hours.
While I love tasty pancakes or chocolate iced donuts, these types of things are horribly unhealthy and do nothing to keep you going throughout the day.
This Spinach, Sausage, & Egg Scramble is perfect. Full of delicious, healthy protein and nutrient-dense greens. If you prefer kale you could easily swap out the spinach for kale.
I make this on Sunday mornings and keep it in a Rubbermaid Brilliance container to keep all week. I re-heat only what I need each morning instead of re-heating the whole container. (This post isn’t sponsored but it might contain affiliate links, click here for my full disclosure policy.)
If you like this recipe you might want to sign up here —> http://eepurl.com/c-WSgv so that you don’t miss any new recipes!
How to make Spinach, Sausage, & Egg Scramble
First, brown about your sausage.
Next, wilt some spinach.
Then scramble up some eggs (sorry I forgot to shoot that part). And then you can store everything in a large container. That’s literally it. SO EASY.
Do you have a favorite healthy breakfast you like to make for your family? Tell me what it is in the comments below. ↓
If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Creamy Chicken & Spinach Skillet.
Spinach, Sausage, & Egg ScramblePrint Pin
- 2 lbs ground sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1 bag baby spinach or greens of your choice
- First heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the sausage crumbling the sausage up as you go.
- Once the sausage is browned, drain the grease in a colander. Place browned sausage in a large storage container.
- Turn the heat on your pan down to medium to medium-low. Scramble eggs. I will usually leave mine a little soft so they don’t turn rubbery when reheating.
- Remove eggs and add them to the storage container with the sausage.
- Wilt your spinach over low-medium heat, then add it to the eggs & sausage.
- Mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat portions in the microwave as needed.
- I have also browned my sausage, drained it, put the sausage back into the pan and then added the spinach and eggs to finish cooking everything all toghether. This method works fine the food is just much messier looking and not quite as pretty.
- Since different foods are different sizes, nutritional facts are approximate and may not be exact but they are as close to accurate as I can calculate.
Nutrition – (all nutritional values are approximate)
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.
Other spinach and egg recipes you might like: