These crisp rice cereal treats are perfect for Valentine’s Day! They are super easy to make (microwave!) and only take about 10 minutes before you can enjoy them!!
Who doesn’t love these classic cereal treats?!?! My kids LOVE to through these together for a quick special treat. We like to spruce them up with sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or even adding in miniature marshmallows when adding the cereal. Our favorite thing to do is melt some milk or white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the treats.
Talk about DELICIOUS!!!
I have made these cereal treats since I was too little to remember. They were always something I made with one of my “Mimis” when I would stay the night at her house. We used to put those colored miniature marshmallows in them to be extra fancy.
The Pioneer Woman also makes a version that includes NUTELLA and my husband LOVES those so much. He is usually not all about sweets but when I make these he eats a lot of them.
If there are any left by the time he gets home from work. AHEM.
How to make Valentine’s Day crisp rice cereal treats:
I made a quick fun video showing how to make the cereal treats. Once they are pressed into the pan you can then melt your chocolate and drizzle over the top or sprinkle your sprinkles or chocolate chips before they set.
What are your favorite quick treats to make with your kids?
Valentine's Day Crisp Rice Cereal TreatsPrint Pin
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- mini chocolate chips
- milk or white chocolate chips for melting
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan with butter.
- Cut the butter into chunks, place the marshmallows and butter into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave, stir the marshmallows and butter together until they melted, blended and smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Pour in the crisp rice cereal, stirring until all the cereal is coated in the melted marshmallows.
- Scrape the marshmallow and cereal mixture into the greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- You can spread the cereal around as much as you can, by this time the spoon is probably a sticky mess.
- Using wax paper, press the cereal & marshmallow mixture down into the pan, spreading and pressing evenly.
- Remove the wax paper. Sprinkle the top with your toppings of choice (unless you are using melted chocolate to drizzle). Gently press the toppings into the treats. Set aside to let set.
- If you are melting chocolate chips to drizzle over the top do so in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each until smooth and melted. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the treats using a spoon.
- Once the treats have set up (about 10 minutes tops) cut into squares, serve, & enjoy!
- Since different foods are different sizes, nutritional facts are approximate and may not be exact but they are as close to accurate as I can calculate.
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.