Chicken Pesto Linguine with Grape Tomatoes
I made this Chicken Pesto Linguine last week and my husband devoured it. I had a bit saved back for my mother-in-law to try and I had to keep him out of it! I didn’t even bother with getting my kids to try this recipe because they have tried several different kinds of pasta and they are not fans ever unless it’s boxed mac and cheese. Crazy kids.
This recipe has been adapted from a recipe I got in my weekly e-meals subscription. The original recipe calls for 1.5 lbs chicken, I liked the noodle/chicken ratio with a bit more chicken so in the future I’ll be making this dish with 2-2.5 lbs of chicken.
How to make Chicken Pesto Linguine with Grape Tomatoes
All you need to make this is Linguine pasta, chicken breast, grape tomatoes, basil pesto, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Make your linguine according the package directions.
Cut up your chicken into chunks, salt & pepper and cook in olive oil until done. Remove chicken from pan and add a bit more olive oil. Add the grape tomatoes and cook until just before they start bursting.
Add the chicken back to the pan along with pesto and red pepper flakes. Toss with drained linguine and serve!
Do you prefer homemade pesto or do you buy store-bought?
Chicken Pesto Linguine
- 1 16 oz box linguine
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 10 oz jar basil pesto
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, sprinkle with salt pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in skillet, add chicken, saute for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from skillet, add remaining oil and tomatoes, cook 6-8 minutes or until tomatoes start to burst.
- Return chicken to skillet, stir in pesto and red pepper flakes, cook until heated thoroughly.
- Toss chicken and linguine.
- Serve with crusty bread & olive oil.
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ← or down below ↓.
Other pesto recipes you might like: