Chicken Parmesan + Macaroni
This casserole combines the yummy flavors of chicken parmesan with macaroni noodles… this makes for a super delicious ONE DISH DINNER! #lessdishes
I whipped this delicious and kid-friendly chicken parmesan macaroni bake up the other day and it was a huge hit! No “weird” ingredients that kids don’t like, plus lots of delicious flavors!
I love recipes and casseroles that are so versatile. Out of chicken? Use ground or shredded turkey instead. Do you have a box of elbow pasta? Perfect! Use that in place of the macaroni!
A quick tip: When you cook your macaroni, don’t overcook it. This helps to ensure that when you are reheating portions of this casserole, you won’t be left with mushy too soft macaroni. I don’t like leftover macaroni typically for this very reason. If you cook your macaroni perfectly al la dante then the Chicken Parmesan Macaroni Bake will reheat perfectly!
How to make Chicken Parmesan Macaroni Bake
First, you will need to boil water for 2 cups of dry macaroni. You will also need to boil water to boil your chicken breasts. I used 1 1/2 chicken breasts for this recipe. They were very large pieces.
Once your chicken is cooked through, you will need to shred it. I prefer to use my kitchen aid mixer but you can also use two forks. Toss the shredded chicken and 2 jars of pasta sauce into a large bowl.
Once, the macaroni is cooked, drain well and toss into the bowl. Mix everything all around very well.
Once everything is combined, transfer to a 13×9 baking pan. Then sprinkle shredded cheese as well as grated parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake at 350º for 30 minutes, until all the cheese is hot and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!
What is your favorite casserole to make that is versatile?
Chicken Parmesan Macaroni BakePrint Pin
- 2 cups macaroni dry
- 1-2 chicken breasts I used 1 1/2 large
- 2 24 oz jars of pasta sauce
- 8 oz shredded cheese I used monterey/colby jack
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º. Boil two pots of water, one for the macaroni (use the package directions to cook the macaroni al la dente), and the other pot of water is for the chicken breasts, boil until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Once the macaroni is cooked, drain well.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred with two forks or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Place the shredded chicken, macaroni, and both jars of pasta in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13×9 baking pan or casserole dish.
- Top with the shredded cheese and then the grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until all the cheese is melty and bubbly. Serve with a Caesar salad and crusty bread!
- Since different foods are different sizes, nutritional facts are approximate and may not be exact but they are as close to accurate as I can calculate.
Nutrition – (all nutritional values are approximate)
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated! Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.
You might also be interested in these Chicken Parmesan recipes: