Creamy Chicken Spinach Skillet
This creamy chicken & spinach skillet is SO flavorful! Garlic and parmesan cheese collide and have a party in your mouth!
I made this recipe a few weeks ago and my husband went on and on about how good it was! The golden brown on the chicken, plus tangy garlic, combined with creamy cream and parmesan cheese just make the best full of flavor dish!
BONUS this recipe is made with ONE SKILLET, and it reheats perfectly! (When there are leftovers to reheat!) DOUBLE WIN!
Who doesn’t love a recipe that only used one pan to make? Even though my kids aren’t in any after school activities right now, I still do not want to spend my evenings in the kitchen washing dishes. We’ve been spending all the time we can outdoors after being cooped up all winter! Before too long this erratic Oklahoma weather will be so hot we’ll be forced back indoors or roast!
But really, who am I kidding, I don’t DO the dishes, that’s what my big kids are for. 😂
How to make Creamy Chicken & Spinach Skillet
First, you need to heat your skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle a little olive oil in the bottom of your pan. While the pan is heating, cute 2 large chicken breasts into smaller chunks.
Brown the chicken on both sides, remember, brown=flavor! Once both sides of the chicken is browned and the chicken is almost cooked through, remove the chicken from the pan. Pour the chicken broth and the heavy whipping cream into the hot pan, this will de-glaze all the yummy goodness from the bottom of the pan.
Place the cooked chicken back into the skillet, add the spinach on top. The spinach will wilt down to almost nothing compared to how it heaps out at first!
Cover the skillet with a large pizza pan if you don’t have a lid for it. After 2-3 minutes your spinach will have wilted.
Using your spoon/tongs/whatever you use, push the spinach off the chicken and into the cream sauce. Serve and enjoy!
What is your favorite one dish dinner to make?
Creamy Chicken & Spinach Skillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 bag spinach (8 or so ounces)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cut chicken breasts into large chunks, salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook chicken until really golden brown on both sides and almost cooked through.
- Once the chicken is browned, remove from skillet, and add the chicken broth and heavy cream to de-glaze the pan. Add garlic powder, and parmesan cheese, stir together.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, top with all the spinach. It might seem as if the spinach will not all fit but pile it high, cover with a large pizza pan (or something similar) and after 2-3 minutes it will be wilted.
- Once the spinach is wilted, remove from heat, push the spinach off the chicken and into the cream. Serve and enjoy!
- Since different foods are different sizes, nutritional facts are approximate and may not be exact but they are as close to accurate as I can calculate.
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.
Other chicken & spinach recipes you might like: