Cilantro Lime Steak Street Tacos – Keto-friendly, Paleo, Low Carb
I’ve been experiencing with eating a more “clean” diet and even dabbling in the keto lifestyle. I have to say that if you cook only from scratch then eating clean, paleo, or keto is pretty easy once you know what is “allowed” and what you need to avoid. However, it is really nice to have some quick options when you don’t have the physical or mental energy to cook everything completely from scratch.
The problem with this is it can be pretty hard to find quick or pre-made options that are not filled with fillers and crap ingredients and when you can they are often quite expensive.
I’ve had my eye on Kevin’s Natural Foods for quite a while. I’ve been wanting to try them after seeing Liz from @thecleaneatingcouple over on Instagram talk about how delicious some of the options from Kevin’s Natural Foods were. So when they contacted me asking if I’d like to create a recipe using one of their sauces I jumped at the chance. They sent me three different sauces and let me tell you, they are SO SO GOOD. The ingredients are all clean, there are no funny after tastes, and they pair so well with the protein of your choice! I am super impressed with Kevin’s Natural Foods and will for sure be purchasing some of their other options like the entrees and sides. All of their cooking sauces are paleo AND keto-friendly.
How to make Cilantro Lime Steak Street Tacos
First gather your ingredients. You need a red onion, flank or skirt steak, cilantro and lime juice for garnish, and Kevin’s Cilantro Lime Sauce.
Heat a pan over medium high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of your steak. When the pan is hot add the steak and then LEAVE IT ALONE for 3-4 minutes.
Flip the steak over and again, leave it alone for 3-4 minutes for medium rare, 4-5 minutes for medium, and 5-6 for medium well done.
While the steak is cooking dice the red onion and cilantro.
Remove the steak from heat, cover and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Once the steak has rested slice thinly against the grain. Add steak back to the pan and add the Kevin’s Natural Foods Cilantro Lime Sauce. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
Assemble your tacos, to keep these low carb, thus keeping these tacos keto-friendly I used low carb street taco tortillas. Place 2-3 strips of steak in each tortilla, add chopped red onions and cilantro to taste, if you like a little more lime flavor squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice and enjoy!
If you like this recipe you might want to sign up here —> CLICK HERE so that you don’t miss any new recipes!
Cilantro Lime Steak Street TacosPrint Pin
- 1/2 lb flank or skirt steak
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- Kevin's Natural Foods Cilantri Lime Sauce
- chopped cilantro
- 8 street taco tortillas, low carb
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of the steak.
- Cook the steak for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 3-4 minutes for medium-rare, 4-5 minutes for medium, and 5-6 minutes for medium well.
- Remove the steak from heat, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- After the steak has rested, slice thinly against the grain.
- Add the steak back to the frying pan, add Kevin's Natural Foods Cilantro Lime Sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place 2-3 steak strips in a street taco tortilla, garnish with chopped red onione and cilantro.
- If you like more lime flavor squeeze lime juice over the top and enjoy!
- Stainless steel frying pan
Nutrition – (all nutritional values are approximate)
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated! Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ← or down below ↓.