Pork Tenderloin, Asparagus & Potatoes
Pork tenderloin isn’t something that I fix all that often. But it popped up on our emeals menu and boy am I glad it did! This tenderloin was super delicious and full of flavor!
I paired our tenderloin with roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes. Perfect hearty dinner!
Another great recipe for a main dish is my recipe for Roasted Rosemary Chicken Tenders!
This recipe is full proof which makes it great for a busy weeknight dinner though I wouldn’t call it a quick meal, there is a marinating time and the tenderloin does take 25-30 minutes to cook after the marinating.
My son LOVES pork. Bacon, pork chops, pork loin, if I say pork for dinner his big blue eyes light up and he will eat and eat and eat at dinner.
If you like this recipe you might want to sign up here —> https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/w9m3x9so that you don’t miss any new recipes!
Is there specific meat or ingredient that your kids just love? Tell me about it in the comments below ↓.
Pork Tenderloin w/ Roasted Asparagus & Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 lbs Asparagus spears
- 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 3 lbs russet potatoes
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, tbsp olive oil, mustard and thyme.
- Pour into a plastic zip-top bag, add pork and seal.
- Marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Turn the bag over halfway through.
- Remove pork from marinade.
- Boil marinade for 3 minutes.
- Place pork on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil, brush with marinade.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the meat is done (145 degrees on a meat thermometer).
- Let pork rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss garlic, basil, 2 tbsp olive oil and asparagus in a large bowl.
- Lay asparagus out on a baking sheet.
- Generously sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Peal and dice 3 lbs of potatoes.
- Boil until tender.
- Drain potatoes well.
- Mash with a potato masher or mixer, adding in butter & milk. You can adjust the butter and milk according to the taste you prefer, I never actually measure, I just taste and adjust as I go.
Other pork recipes you might like: