Apple Ginger Cookies – thin, chewy cookies perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth!
These apple ginger cookies are perfectly thin, yet chewy (not crispy), and taste similar to apple pie but in cookie form!
I created this cookie recipe several years ago when my food photography left a lot to be desired. I’ve been going through and updating a lot of the older recipes and photographs. When I remade these cookies I couldn’t believe that I forgot about how good they are! I currently have some frozen in my freezer and it is only with a lot of discipline that I have not eaten them yet! My husband and kids really enjoy these cookies as well!
If you like this cookie recipe, sign up so that you never miss a new (or updated) recipe! —> https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/w9m3x9
How to make Apple Ginger Cookies
First, you need to peel, slice, & finely dice 1 large or 2 medium granny smith apples. Cook the apples on the stovetop with the sugar and cinnamon just until tender, about 5 minutes then set aside. Sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, and salt. Next you will beat sugar, eggs, and softened butter. Now add apples to the dough, mix well. Last you will drop cookies by heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
If you like this recipe you might also like this Mini Mason Jar Apple Pie Recipe.
What is your favorite apple dessert? Tell me in the comments below ↓.
Apple Ginger CookiesPrint
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 large granny smith apple peeled, sliced, & diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Toss the apples with 1/2 cup sugar & 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon, cook on the stove top until tender (about 5 minutes), set aside for now.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, & 2 tbsp ground cinnamon.
- Beat in butter, 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, & the eggs.
- Slightly drain the diced apples, (you don’t want too much liquid in the dough), fold into cookie dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto a cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, cool for 1 minute before moving to a cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition – (all nutritional values are approximate)
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ← or down below ↓.