These chocolate brownies with peanut butter frosting and chocolate and peanut butter chips on top are rich and fudgy and decadent!! And I guarantee you won’t be able to eat just one!
Brownies are one of my favorite sweet treats. I especially love fudgy, rich brownies with walnuts. Today, however, I made these chocolate brownies with peanut butter brownies and OH MY WORD. They are SO GOOD.
Pair these with a tall glass of cold milk? MMM MMMMMM!! These are especially good around midnight when the rest of the house is asleep and you can eat as many brownies as you like without your children begging for more. 😆
What is your favorite variation of brownies? Tell me in the comments below ↓.
Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter FrostingPrint Pin
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate baking chips
To make the brownies
- Preheat oven to 325. Butter a 9x9 square pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat.
- In a different bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, salt, & vanilla.
- Slowly whisk in the melted chocolate and butter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted about 2 inches from the sides is clean. (Be very careful not to overbake!)
- Let the brownies cool on a wire rack.
To make the peanut butter frosting
- Using an electic or stand mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter on low-medium until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time until it's all combined.
- Add salt & vanilla. Slowly add in milk.
- Increase the speed to high and beat until well combined and smooth. (Scrape the sides of the bowl halfway through).
- Let the brownies cool completely before frosting. Once the brownies are cool, spread the frosting evenly over the brownies.
- Top the frosting evenly with the baking chips. Cut, serve and ENJOY!
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!</em>
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ← .