This Tuna Salad Recipe is pretty simple but still very delicious. It can be tweaked based on what you have in your pantry or what you like.
When I was growing up my Dad always took tuna sandwiches for lunch every day. Tuna, chopped pickles, miracle whip, & boiled eggs.
This recipe is a bit different. This is one of those recipes you can tweak, leave things out of, add different things in, etc. My husband makes tuna salad better than I do. I follow all his directions but still somehow his is better.
Probably because I didn’t have to fix it HA!
Here are the ingredients we use the most often:
- Tuna (of course)
- shredded cheese
- real mayo
- chopped jalapenos
- pickle juice
- chopped onions
- boiled eggs
First I chopped one medium sized yellow onion & add 2-3 tablespoons of chopped jalapenos (canned).
Then I sliced up the boiled eggs.
Then I added in 6 cans of tuna.
I mix everything together after each ingredient is added. I used to dump it all in and then mix it but mixing after each addition is better.
After I have mixed the onions, jalapenos, tuna, and boiled eggs, I add 1/3-2/3 cup of real mayonnaise, mix well.
Then I added a splash of dill pickle juice and a light drizzle of mustard.
Last I add about 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
My husband prefers his tuna salad on sandwiches but I like mine on saltines or even on tortilla chips.
Do you like tuna salad? Tell me in the comments below ↓.
Easy Tuna Salad
- 6 cans tuna
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3-2/3 cups real mayonnaise
- 1 drizzle Mustard
- 1 splash Dill pickle juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapenos
- Chop the onion finely and mix with jalapenos.
- Dice eggs, add to onions and jalapenos.
- Drain tuna well, add to the onions, jalapenos, and eggs mixing well.
- Next add 1/3-2/3 cups of real mayonnaise, mixing until well blended together.
- Add a splash of dill pickle juice & a drizzle of mustard, mix well.
- Add shredded cheese, and again mix well!
- The tuna salad is best chilled before serving so chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ← or at the bottom of this post ↓.
Other tuna recipes you might like:
- Copycat Panera Tuna Salad
- Classic Tuna Melt
- Spicy Tuna Wraps