Low Country Boil, corn on the cob, sausage, shrimp, onions, red potatoes, and pure DELICIOUSNESS!
Shrimp is one of my very favorite things to eat. I love it SO MUCH but I don’t eat it all that often. Which is possibly a good thing since apparently I’m supposed to be allergic to shrimp. I’ve never had a reaction though thankfully.
I had been wanting sausage and shrimp something fierce! So when this recipe popped up on my eMeals menu for this week I was STOKED.
When I was very very little, I can remember my parents taking me to a restaurant that was Cajun and your table was covered in paper and when your dinner came they just dumped it onto the table. Corn on the cob, shrimp (and I’m sure other seafood), potatoes, onions, and maybe sausage. I remember going there a lot but I’ve never attempted to make anything like that at home….until this week.
The whole time it was cooking my husband was giving me a hard time and making fun of it. I don’t think he thought it was going to taste good, especially when he saw there were lemons floating around.
He was pleasantly surprised. And I got my wish for sausage & shrimp all in one night!
Have you ever made anything like this? What do you think of this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments below ↓.
Low Country BoilPrint
- 1 lb smoked sausage cut into 1/2 pieces
- 12-15 small red potatoes
- 4-6 ears of fresh or frozen corn cut in half
- 1 sweet onion quartered
- 2 lemons halved
- 2-4 tbsp Lowry's seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs frozen peeled shrimp
- Combine sausage, potatoes, corn, onion, lemon, and 8 cups water in a large pot (I used a stock pot).
- Stir in seasoning and add bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until potatoes & corn are tender.
- Add shrimp, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Drain and serve on a platter.
Save for later!
Pinning for later or sharing this recipe with your friends is so appreciated!
Simply click the share button of your choice over on the left ←.