2 weeks ago I shared with you my new basic cookie dough recipe, with cinnamon chips and oatmeal additions. Today, I am going to share a different version…. Nutella Chocolate Chip.
A delicious, chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe with Nutella! Perfect blend of a classic cookie with a creamy addition.
Chocolate chip cookies are a classic staple in our household, and when I was growing up. You really can’t go wrong. My dad prefers to eat the “warm cookie dough” version….. he likes them BARELY baked, and you actually have to eat them with a fork or spoon.
I prefer mine to actually be cooked, but chewy, never ever crunchy.
I have made Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch for years and then in recent years I have even picked up the premade cookie dough.
Confession time: We RARELY actually bake the premade cookie dough! All four of us will end up eating the dough raw…even though this is not recommended because of the raw eggs….ahem, I grew up doing this and I will probably never stop eating raw cookie dough.
As you probably know from browsing around Green Eyed Country Girl for any amount of time, we are huge fans of Nutella around here. Miss Thang has been wanting me to create a nutella chocolate chip cookie recipe for a while.
I’ve added Nutella to brownies, no bake cookies, crescents, & rice krispies treats, but hadn’t yet tried chocolate chip cookies. Adding nutella and milk chocolate chip cookies to my basic cookie dough recipe was a smashing success and my daughter happily ate the entire batch all herself.
I barely got a taste, but she’s the pickiest eater in the family so if she likes them then that is definitely a successful recipe for me.
As I said, this is the same basic cookie dough recipe that I used for the Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies. The key to these is the bread flour.
Pin for Later!
- 1 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 - 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, sift flours, salt, & baking soda.
- Use an electric mixer to beat in the sugars, eggs, & vanilla.
- Stir in Nutella... it will be marbley and this is ok.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Place heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just starting to turn brown.
- Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets, remove the cookies and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with milk or iced coffee and ENJOY!
Linking up with Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Two Uses Tuesday, Crafty & Delicious Party, Think & Make Thursdays.